Thank you for your interest in learning about our application process. We have outlined key steps below:
application & screening fees
- Application Fee: There is a one-time $30 application fee* per person. This covers collecting and verifying all information that you submit.
- Credit Screening Fee: There is also a $30 fee* to run your credit, check for previous evictions, and to screen for any criminal or fraud records. This is billed separately and directly by the company we use to process this report.
*If your application is denied or you decide to cancel for any reason, these $60 fees are non-refundable.
We will hold a vacant apartment for a maximum of two weeks, so if you still need to give your 30-day notice to your current Landlord, please be advised that there will be rent overlap (which can be good and give you ample time to move between places and not feel rushed).
To process your application, a $500 holding deposit and $30 application fee per person is first required. The deposit holds the apartment while your application is being processed and up until move-in. This payment may be submitted in guaranteed funds like cash, cashier’s check or money order made out to The Suite Life (that’s us!).
- If your application is approved, this amount will go towards your total move-in cost.
- If your application is denied, we will refund the $500 amount to you. However, the $30 application fee to process your application and $30 cost to run your credit is non-refundable ($60 total per person).
- If you decide to cancel or withdraw your application for any reason, you will forfeit the $500 holding deposit.
All applicants must submit written verification of personal income.
We do not accept co-signers.
You must demonstrate a minimum of 2.7 times the monthly rent amount to qualify (i.e. if the monthly rent is $2,700 x 2.7 x 12 = $87,480 yearly income minimum).
- If you’re currently employed, we will need a copy of your most recent paystub.
- If you are just starting a new job, you may submit a copy of your offer letter.
- If you own your own business or are self-employed, you may submit a copy of the most recent tax return or 1099.
- If you are qualifying based just on cash, you may submit a bank statement (in only your name) showing 4 times the monthly rent x the duration of your lease in a cash lump sum (i.e. if the monthly rent is $2,700 x 4 = $10,800 x 12 month lease = $129,600).
Once your application and income documentation has been received, we will run your credit and check your references. The owners make the final decision on approving applicants.
If your application is approved—welcome home! We will then send you next steps for move-in including your new address, utilities to turn on, frequently asked questions, and more.